Forced Induction Discussion of turbos , superchargers , and nitrous upgrades on the G35

3rd party independant tear down results of a failed VQ motor.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
i feel HONORED to have you respond to my post out of everyones.

thanks!!!!

Mike

DM2 Motorsports

Old 10-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
(subscribed)

Old 10-23-2008, 10:44 PM
I'm also very interested in what comes from this. Lets just keep things civil people...

Old 10-23-2008, 10:58 PM
This just made it over on my350z too. I'm very interested to see the outcome of all of this.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey good advice Mike.. I never thought about doing that.. but I think I will before I step into the FI world.. about how much on average does it cost and where you recommend I do it? I live in San Diego. I usually work on the cars I own but with the G I take it to a trustworthy mechanic for everything. Next time I'll bring this up with him

Back on topic...very interested to see how this turns out.. Let's hope it stays civil and that the facts come out and speak for themselves!

Last edited by serturbo; 10-23-2008 at 11:29 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
To me, this is all just a talk since we haven't seen any solid proves (reports) from third party yet.

Both of you should provide a scanned 3rd party independant tear down results for us to see.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:06 AM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Subscribing and I am not taking sides, just want to see what the end report will be.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:22 AM
GTM
Former G35driver Vendor
I guess the other 200+ customer we have built engines for should be worried as well, including my self

Ironic that all of our accused failures have come from the same shop, interesting.

Please wait patiently for our response. Sam does not have time to go back and forth all day on the forum, therefore all accusations will be addressed in one post.

Thank you,

-George

Old 10-24-2008, 02:15 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by serturbo
Hey good advice Mike.. I never thought about doing that.. but I think I will before I step into the FI world.. about how much on average does it cost and where you recommend I do it? I live in San Diego. I usually work on the cars I own but with the G I take it to a trustworthy mechanic for everything. Next time I'll bring this up with him

Back on topic...very interested to see how this turns out.. Let's hope it stays civil and that the facts come out and speak for themselves!
Taken to PM.

serturbo YGPM.

Old 10-24-2008, 03:41 AM
Received 37 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by ttrank
So you have never seen anything reliable from Forged Performance, Performance Factory or UMS Tuning?

Well let me be your first. I have a built motor and twin turbo from UMS Tuning on my sedan with 0 problems.
Sorry I ment SoCal in my opinion, I should've stated that, yes I heard of those shops and heard many good things, along with your success on your build, congrats and enjoy.

I'm going to stay out of this and just watch

Old 10-24-2008, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by George@GTM
I guess the other 200+ customer we have built engines for should be worried as well, including my self

Ironic that all of our accused failures have come from the same shop, interesting.
Please wait patiently for our response. Sam does not have time to go back and forth all day on the forum, therefore all accusations will be addressed in one post.

Thank you,

-George
Perhaps were the only shops NOT to cover up for you guys? I know Sharif had a few of your motors come apart on start up and never said anything, as well as GRD. In fact Why is it that Sharif no longer sells your engines?
As far as the third party inspection, of the last motor in question, if the engine is timed correctly, which it was, there is ZERO for you to blame us for once again..I will post all of the information and noted my tech gathered on some of your engines once you guys post your long winded Wikipiedia reply.
And if we did F' up the timing on that motor, we will 100% cover the repairs as we said. If its not the timing, then I hope Sam is willing to pay for the labor and repairs as he agreed to do with me, and the customer on the phone.
I know Sam was VERY, VERY eager to send that particular car to Sharif for inspection, however we felt it was better sent to someone that Neither one of our shops have any form of business relations with. In fact the shop the engine is at, the tech working on the motor was the engine builder for Bullish Racing.Remember the STREET GLOW 6 second Toyota Solaris? So I will take that builders word as gospel, since neither of our shops have achieved near the level of greatness he has as a builder.

Last edited by Julian; 10-24-2008 at 08:35 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:36 AM
Banned
Well all I can say is....Im glad its finally out . I had always thought somethng wasnt right with that shop when simple questions I asked wouldnt be answered by Sam about Vortech boosted cars he had tuned . Whp numbers were ALWAYS higher out of that shop than any other with simular set ups .
Money is the root of all evil...isnt it ?

Old 10-24-2008, 09:54 AM
Ohio G Club Member
Originally Posted by George@GTM
-George
When you hear information about possible failure of any product you own, it can cause natural concern. Especially a product that costs many thousands of dollars.

My point was that it's obviously better for the customer and the shop to get everything done at once and solely by that particular shop. Then there is no finger pointing from the shops involved, while the customer waits and waits for it to be resolved. This obvious distance creates obstacles in communication, time in transit to ship the motors back and forth for inspection by an independent shop, then back to the original shop and finally an agreement of what is the cause of the failure. Then finally all sides have to agree on a fair solution, which again can cause even more delay. It can be a nightmare, which is what we're seeing here.

Last edited by BrianlG35C; 10-24-2008 at 10:28 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Brakes

Originally Posted by booger
Well all I can say is....Im glad its finally out . I had always thought somethng wasnt right with that shop when simple questions I asked wouldnt be answered by Sam about Vortech boosted cars he had tuned . Whp numbers were ALWAYS higher out of that shop than any other with simular set ups .
Money is the root of all evil...isnt it ?
1 Timothy 6:10
For the love of money is the root of all evil

I actually made an id to watch this thread. BTW the avatars are very cool on this site opposed to my350z.

Old 10-24-2008, 10:27 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
this is crazy, i would have never thought this would be an issue w/ a place w/ the rep of GTM

very interested in seeing the outcome

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 3rd party independant tear down results of a failed VQ motor.