What did you do to the G today? - Page 604 - G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

The G-Spot General discussion about the G Series;
G35 & G37, Coupes & Sedans

What did you do to the G today?

Old 10-10-2018, 07:14 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo
Thanked 1,328 Times in 1,087 Posts
She still looks great after all these years and you're sporting my favorite all time wheels. Volk SF Winnings FTMFW!!!

Old 10-10-2018, 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream View Post
She still looks great after all these years and you're sporting my favorite all time wheels. Volk SF Winnings FTMFW!!!
Thanks Blue!

Last year was a big year for her in terms of getting things done. This year not as much! I plan to get the drivers seat cushion bolster replaced later this month and Iím sitting on a JDM double din kit and radio that Iím going back and forth on bc I kind of donít want to ruin the oem look. Also Iíd like to rebuild the calipers and go to steel brake lines.

Next spring Iím going to paint the hood and touch up a few minor scratches.

I was actually considering painting the barrels of the Volks a gunmetal gray to match the face. Is that crazy?? Generally I hate chrome, but on the Volks itís not so bad.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by JZ39
Thanks Blue!

Last year was a big year for her in terms of getting things done. This year not as much! I plan to get the drivers seat cushion bolster replaced later this month and Iím sitting on a JDM double din kit and radio that Iím going back and forth on bc I kind of donít want to ruin the oem look. Also Iíd like to rebuild the calipers and go to steel brake lines.

Next spring Iím going to paint the hood and touch up a few minor scratches.

I was actually considering painting the barrels of the Volks a gunmetal gray to match the face. Is that crazy?? Generally I hate chrome, but on the Volks itís not so bad.
A good rebuild goes a long way. I went to rebuild all four a few months back and ended up having to replace two calipers from salt corrosion. Rebuilt regularly this never would've been an issue.

Volk SF looks good.

I like the OEM speakers but I feel like the only thing it needed was a little extra bass... aka a 10" in the 4080 box. The DDin looks stock, everyone that sees mine thinks it's a factory option.

Old 10-10-2018, 01:39 PM
Thatís a big concern of mine on the caliper rebuild...what are the odds that I run into a problem on my Brembos like you encountered and end up spending big bucks on new calipers? Iíve got 160k all weather miles.

Maybe I should just do the stainless lines??...

Old 10-10-2018, 02:11 PM
Exhaust weight reduction.

Removed the back end of the exhaust last night. The night prior, my friends helped get the cats off...what a struggle of those three bolts on the driver side! Going to put on the motordyne shockwave and art pipes hopefully this Saturday as well as remove the driver side cat o2 sensor. I have been weighing and keeping track of what weighs how much and how much weight is being taken off. The stock muffler and exhaust tips weighs like 36 pounds!

Old 10-10-2018, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by JZ39
Thatís a big concern of mine on the caliper rebuild...what are the odds that I run into a problem on my Brembos like you encountered and end up spending big bucks on new calipers? Iíve got 160k all weather miles.

If they are bad now they are not effectively braking you and you are losing out on performance. Also if they don't work VDC could improperly activate and cause you to crash. Rebuild em and worst case you just buy a new caliper. **** happens.

Originally Posted by 99champ
Removed the back end of the exhaust last night. The night prior, my friends helped get the cats off...what a struggle of those three bolts on the driver side! Going to put on the motordyne shockwave and art pipes hopefully this Saturday as well as remove the driver side cat o2 sensor. I have been weighing and keeping track of what weighs how much and how much weight is being taken off. The stock muffler and exhaust tips weighs like 36 pounds!
That's 1% of a weight difference it won't make a significant difference .

Are you auto or manual? I have auto G with ART/TDX2 and it drones too much from 1900-2400 RPM. I have a feeling the installer did something wrong as it "shouldn't drone" as it's the Perfect combo . Tony from Motordyne told me a little drone is expected with autos, but I don't think it should be this much.

Old 10-10-2018, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer View Post
If they are bad now they are not effectively braking you and you are losing out on performance. Also if they don't work VDC could improperly activate and cause you to crash. Rebuild em and worst case you just buy a new caliper. **** happens.

That's 1% of a weight difference it won't make a significant difference .

Are you auto or manual? I have auto G with ART/TDX2 and it drones too much from 1900-2400 RPM. I have a feeling the installer did something wrong as it "shouldn't drone" as it's the Perfect combo . Tony from Motordyne told me a little drone is expected with autos, but I don't think it should be this much.
Manual. Considering the cats weigh double the amount of the art pipes and the shockwave weighs only like 50 something lbs...a little bit is better than nothing.

Old 10-10-2018, 07:46 PM
This isn't a "what did I do today" but at this point just something I've considered: Silicone air intake hoses

As I understand things, pre-VQ36HR engines had poorer designed intake hoses. People often swapped them for intake hoses from Nissan Z or replaced everything with cold-air intakes. Apparently the factory hoses are much better but still have some "accordian" design in them. Then again, some claim there's a ram-air effect with the factory tubes.

What would I gain or lose with silicone intake hoses like these ? Will it make a little more sound ?

Old 10-10-2018, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by JZ39 View Post
That’s a big concern of mine on the caliper rebuild...what are the odds that I run into a problem on my Brembos like you encountered and end up spending big bucks on new calipers? I’ve got 160k all weather miles.

I have my ss lines that i used but took off...... just pay shipping and you can have them . There just laying around somewhere

I took a picture of my car I need to install those side marker lights lol

and buff it already

Last edited by Edgarc6789; 10-10-2018 at 08:17 PM.
Old 10-10-2018, 08:16 PM

Old 10-11-2018, 07:10 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo
Thanked 1,328 Times in 1,087 Posts
Originally Posted by Hall Stevenson View Post
This isn't a "what did I do today" but at this point just something I've considered: Silicone air intake hoses

As I understand things, pre-VQ36HR engines had poorer designed intake hoses. People often swapped them for intake hoses from Nissan Z or replaced everything with cold-air intakes. Apparently the factory hoses are much better but still have some "accordian" design in them. Then again, some claim there's a ram-air effect with the factory tubes.

What would I gain or lose with silicone intake hoses like these ? Will it make a little more sound ?
Buwahahahahahah 6.77 added HP from just a silicone hose?!?! I'd like to see the before and after dyno sheets, this might be up there in craziness with the Turbonator and performance chips. I firmly believe you'll get nothing from the silicone except maybe more longevity and better looks.. Power no change, sound no change.

Old 10-12-2018, 05:08 AM
Originally Posted by Edgarc6789 View Post
I have my ss lines that i used but took off...... just pay shipping and you can have them . There just laying around somewhere
Why did u take them off?

Old 10-12-2018, 05:10 AM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream View Post
Buwahahahahahah 6.77 added HP from just a silicone hose?!?!
I love silicon hoes...

Old 10-13-2018, 01:36 AM
Got them fancy black/yellow plates for the G and put clear covers on them. And of course they say "and beyond"

Old 10-14-2018, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator
Awesome. No one will get it though because -

TO LEXUS... AND BEYOND!

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: What did you do to the G today?

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: