G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy for my Coupe?" Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 12:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
What you should do first is set up a savings account and start putting whatever money you have in there to build a maintenance/repair fund. Your car probably has high mileage and will need both of those things soon, if not right now. It is extremely immature and frankly not so smart to be spending money on mods if you're a broke high schooler.....

Send me the $80 and I'll help you get more HP than any chip. Seriously, there aren't any chips out there that will work on a G, every one is a scam. Tunes are worth every penny you'll spend on them so this isn't an area of the car you want to cheap out on. If you already bought this wait until it arrives and then immediately start a chargeback. Before you make any more silly purchases ask about them here. A few of us are left here and are active that have been around long enough to help you make these kinds of decisions.

And if you ask about the Turbonator I'll ban you for life lolol.
Due to your negative response based on a bias opinion i knew that this was to be expected, but here's the thing.... You can't reject everything just because it doesn't work the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th time. If this was the case Thomas edison wouldn't have quoted “I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." To say they're aren't ANY chips that will work or ever will work is a very bold statement i disagree with due to the fact that technology is always advancing and evolving. When you look at the pros and cons from my perspective there's really no risk or lost here. If i did get the results that this particular chip describes, then i've gotten exactly what i payed for. If it happens to flop then i send it back, but at least i attempted to try it for my own personal experience so that i will be able to let others become aware of its faulty presentation with that particular chip. Oh and far as a Tubonator is concerned, that's completely out of the question for me..

Old 08-09-2018, 12:15 PM
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
2 will.make it sound like a twin turbo

Old 08-09-2018, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Might as well get 3 for that procharged combo.

OP, we've been working on G's for a while and a fuel tuner isn't enough for the G's.

Old 08-10-2018, 06:36 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
Send me the $80 and I'll help you get more HP than any chip. Seriously, there aren't any chips out there that will work on a G, every one is a scam. Tunes are worth every penny you'll spend on them so this isn't an area of the car you want to cheap out on. If you already bought this wait until it arrives and then immediately start a chargeback. Before you make any more silly purchases ask about them here. A few of us are left here and are active that have been around long enough to help you make these kinds of decisions.

And if you ask about the Turbonator I'll ban you for life lolol.
Originally Posted by EricDJ
Due to your negative response based on a bias opinion i knew that this was to be expected, but here's the thing.... You can't reject everything just because it doesn't work the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th time. If this was the case Thomas edison wouldn't have quoted “I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." To say they're aren't ANY chips that will work or ever will work is a very bold statement i disagree with due to the fact that technology is always advancing and evolving. When you look at the pros and cons from my perspective there's really no risk or lost here. If i did get the results that this particular chip describes, then i've gotten exactly what i payed for. If it happens to flop then i send it back, but at least i attempted to try it for my own personal experience so that i will be able to let others become aware of its faulty presentation with that particular chip. Oh and far as a Tubonator is concerned, that's completely out of the question for me..
Dude take your foot out of your mouth now. Your post fails in a lot of ways. First I quoted it here so you could re-read it and tell me where it was negative or biased. I clearly stated that no chips have worked so far and that's a fact, not bias. Don't you think that out of the tens of thousands of members on Driver, many of them enthusiasts, if there was a chip that worked someone wouldn't have found out about them and posted that here. Not just us but performance magazines, websites, or other media that deal with hundreds of thousands of people looking for better performance out of their vehicles. Or are you "the one" who will make a miraculous find and locate the unicorn that's supposedly out there? Naïve at best but whatever. I did say if you bought it send it back and that's exactly what you posted you'll do if it flops. And show me where in my post I said "To say they're aren't ANY chips that will work or ever will work is a very bold statement ". Here you're just putting words in my mouth to make your case stronger and that **** doesn't fly here, all it does is destroy any shred of credibility you might have built up here in the 2 months you've been around.

What's your guys take on performance chips? ........................I decided to buy one and test it out for you guys just in case if you're (temporarily) looking to gain some torque, hp, and fuel efficiency without spending $600 to $800 for a complete dyno tune
You asked for our take on chips and I gave mine, no need to chastise me because my opinion is different than yours so methinks you need to grow up a bit. And why the hell would anyone spend money on a mod that "temporarily" works lol? I do thank you though for the morning amusement, it's been a great way to start my Friday!! You perfectly embody the FPFQ deterioration of many car enthusiast forums and for that I will not thank you.....

The following users liked this post:
Joseph LaBlanc (10-09-2019)
Old 08-29-2018, 09:15 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have an 06 coupe and it's my first car. I want to get into working on cars, and was wondering what the best mods are to start off with. On the internet I found a cold air intake that I'm thinkig of installing.Is that a good idea to start off with and how difficult is it to install for someone with very limited knowledge cars? Any help is really appreciated.

Old 08-29-2018, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Venom1787
I have an 06 coupe and it's my first car. I want to get into working on cars, and was wondering what the best mods are to start off with. On the internet I found a cold air intake that I'm thinkig of installing.Is that a good idea to start off with and how difficult is it to install for someone with very limited knowledge cars? Any help is really appreciated.
Hi Venom. All the guys at the car meet might think a CAI is a good upgrade, but it's been dyno proven not to be on our cars. It just sucks hot air. The OEM intake is actually pretty great as is! What you can do for a little more intake noise is get a Z tube and a plenum spacer. Those are all pretty simple and fun to do, and will give you mid range Pep.

Try those out!

Venom1787 (08-31-2018)
Old 08-29-2018, 01:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So its been about 23 days since i've purchased the power tune performance chip and i must say that theres definitely some changes to how the G operates. I can tell that my exhaust sounds more aggressive, the g drives alot smoother, and it does feel faster. For these reasons, i've decided to keep the chip along with any other mods i do next. In my honest opinion, it was well worth the money for what i paid for it despite what anyone else says or thinks.

Old 08-29-2018, 02:06 PM
Received 130 Likes on 125 Posts
Plenum spacer and non-Rev lower plenum together.

Old 08-29-2018, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

So its been about 23 days since i've purchased the power tune performance chip and i must say that theres definitely some changes to how the G operates. I can tell that my exhaust sounds more aggressive, the g drives alot smoother, and it does feel faster. For these reasons, i've decided to keep the chip along with any other mods i do next. In my honest opinion, it was well worth the money for what i paid for it despite what anyone else says or thinks.
Lets see a dyno proof.

Old 08-29-2018, 07:29 PM

Joseph LaBlanc (10-09-2019)
Old 08-31-2018, 09:44 AM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Hi Venom. All the guys at the car meet might think a CAI is a good upgrade, but it's been dyno proven not to be on our cars. It just sucks hot air. The OEM intake is actually pretty great as is! What you can do for a little more intake noise is get a Z tube and a plenum spacer. Those are all pretty simple and fun to do, and will give you mid range Pep.

Try those out!
Thanks for the advice. One more thing; I was thinking about getting this exhaust. Is it worth getting and is that a good price for exhaust?

Last edited by Venom1787; 08-31-2018 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Tried to hyperlink using html, as I thought the site supported it. Turns out I have to use the button on the toolbar.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

There is an Invidia Gemini for sale on our marketplace here that you should check out first. You can find plenty of Ebola videos on YouTube showing that exhaust.

It's always best to hear it in person, if you can head to a local car meet or something.

Old 08-31-2018, 11:49 PM

Borla makes a great exhaust for the coupe but Urban has excellent advice. The Gemini is a good choice as well and who cares if it's used, exhausts don't wear out like a lot of parts do.

Old 10-21-2018, 10:04 PM
03 g35 coupe 6mt

ok so in the spirit of newbieness, so from what I've seen everyone saying stay away from the CAI and get a z tube. So what about the stillen z tube kit, or any better options? Also what's yall opinion on manifolds, cause people on YouTube be raving about kinetx but I've read some stuff here that day it's completely garbage just looks. Any thoughts? (Blue dream please don't wreck me 😂😂&#128514

Blue Dream (10-22-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

Keep searching. Manifolds = waste for NA.

Plenum spacer, Z tube, =\= thread.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL "What Mods Should I Buy for my Coupe?" Thread