G35 Sedan V36 2007- 08 Discussion about the 2nd Generation G35 Sedan 2007 - 08

Who's Had Their Steering Wheel Replaced Due To Trim Peeling/Chipping?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Received 427 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by willdogs
Yes contact phil@grubbs from this thread:
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...placement.html

Great seller and fast delivery.
+1

We really need for the mods to sticky all this info.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by willdogs
Yes contact phil@grubbs from this thread:
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-sed...placement.html

Great seller and fast delivery.
thank you for the info.

However, i just looked at the ITB for this.

it says the back cover is not usable and has to be replaced along with some screws.
it looks hard to replace it as well.

I am currently out of bumper warranty, but still have the power warranty, do you guys know if the ITB can cover my car too?

Old 12-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by Doruk
thank you for the info.

However, i just looked at the ITB for this.

it says the back cover is not usable and has to be replaced along with some screws.
it looks hard to replace it as well.

I am currently out of bumper warranty, but still have the power warranty, do you guys know if the ITB can cover my car too?
You can always ask, but almost no one gets it done outside of the 'bumper' warranty. Also, as willdogs JUST commented, he didn't see the need for replacement of the back cover if you are careful.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:32 AM
-MN G Crew-

Received 205 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by vqsmile
+1

We really need for the mods to sticky all this info.
Your wish, is my command...

Old 12-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
So does this mean that you can get your steering wheel replaced even after your warranty is up? My steering wheel is fine but wanted to know for the future.. Thanks!

Old 12-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by Wannabe6MT
Your wish, is my command...
Thanks!

Originally Posted by mrclowny

So does this mean that you can get your steering wheel replaced even after your warranty is up? My steering wheel is fine but wanted to know for the future.. Thanks!
Where did it say that?

A few people have had experiences with a dealer who replaced it out of warranty as a goodwill gesture, but that is purely on a case-by-case basis, so while it may never hurt to ask, it CANNOT be expected.

Old 12-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by vqsmile
Thanks!

Where did it say that?

A few people have had experiences with a dealer who replaced it out of warranty as a goodwill gesture, but that is purely on a case-by-case basis, so while it may never hurt to ask, it CANNOT be expected.
No where.. I was just under the impression that the purpose of a TSB was to make a recall and provide fixes.....

If that's not the case... what is the point of this TSB?

Old 12-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Originally Posted by mrclowny
No where.. I was just under the impression that the purpose of a TSB was to make a recall and provide fixes.....

If that's not the case... what is the point of this TSB?
Nope. ITB's are an internal form of communication/documentation produced by the factory for their dealerships to aid in streamlining the execution of "familiar" repairs in the most efficient manner, rather than having to 'reinvent the wheel' every time a familiar failure comes up. They are not meant for owners to rely on as a reference for work that they think should be covered. They are NOT THE SAME as a recall, where you can basically go in and demand the repair work be done. This being said, any dealer who values their customer MAY take it upon themself to perform a goodwill repair at their discretion; perhaps even more so when there is an ITB, as that implicitly indicates it is a familiar problem.

Last edited by vqsmile; 12-10-2012 at 02:14 PM.
The following users liked this post:
mrclowny (12-10-2012)
Old 12-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Thank you for the explanation! =)

Old 12-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Old 03-25-2013, 06:11 PM
I had my steering wheel and drivers door panel replaced while my 07 was under warranty. Lately I've noticed the passengers door panel looks worse than the drivers door ever did.

Today I stopped at the dealer. I explained what work had already been done and wanted to get a cost on having the passengers side fixed.

The service advisor said the warranty has been extended to 8 years on those parts.

I have a 8 AM appt this Friday. My fingers are crossed!!

Old 03-25-2013, 07:25 PM
I resolved my problem about Infiniti Canada not replacing my steering wheel ... I sold it and bought another car !! F&uck you Infiniti !!

Old 03-26-2013, 05:08 AM
Ain't that funny

I contacted Infiniti about this over a year ago.now that all models are out of warranty Infiniti recognizes the problem. They put out a tsb .this tsb is for for a covered vehicle waiting all these years now there is not one covered vehicle out there. I paid for my own trim and had it put in. Thanks to the forum on how to do it.still have that bad taste in mouth

Old 03-30-2013, 05:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I purchased a new trim bezel on Ebay for $30 and installed it last month. Heck of a lot cheaper then replacing the whole steering wheel, still anoying I had to do it though... basically a design flaw in the materials used for this part. Looking at the new part, it doesnt appear to have been corrected, so I will be super careful with my "new looking" wheel.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Jmforgey
I purchased a new trim bezel on Ebay for $30 and installed it last month. Heck of a lot cheaper then replacing the whole steering wheel, still anoying I had to do it though... basically a design flaw in the materials used for this part. Looking at the new part, it doesnt appear to have been corrected, so I will be super careful with my "new looking" wheel.
Unless you happened to have bought some "new old stock" from long ago, then the parts are 'corrected' and should not repeat what happened to the originals. The new parts are different.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who's Had Their Steering Wheel Replaced Due To Trim Peeling/Chipping?