TSB- Technical Bulletins Technical Service Bulletins- Coupe and Sedan from Infiniti. Updates Approved by Administrators and Moderators.

Infiniti Rev-Up Oil Consumption TSB

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Follow up on the Oil Consumption test from yesterday Feb 24 11.
Called the Consumer affairs and told them I did not like the way the test was performed and need another oppinion/test.
The lady assigned me another case number (each case is valid for 30 days) and went to another dealer.
This time the difference was unbelievable.
Complete oil change: No Charge!
Complete car wash : No Charge!
Multi point vehicle inspection with recommandations: No Charge!
Instructions when to come back and sealer around the oil cap and drain so no one can make any oil change without breaking the seal.
They also aknowledge that the car is still under powertrain warranty !!!
So you guys out there, go to another dealer for second oppinion and better treatment !!

LW

Old 02-25-2011, 11:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
which dealer is this? I need to go.

Old 02-25-2011, 11:58 AM
This Dealer is In Fort Lauderdale, Florida (East Sunrise Blvd), If you are within reach of this dealer, I will post the Phone number and address !

LW

Old 02-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finished up my OC test failed miserably , just got word today the long block is in and the car should be dropped off tomorrow morning.
This car is on its second replacement motor

Old 02-25-2011, 12:18 PM
Is yours a coupe or 4 doors ?
What year and how many miles on the replaced engine ?

LW

Old 02-25-2011, 12:21 PM
Before you return the car for engine replacement, can you check the PCV valve to see if its OK !!!! (moving piston inside )

Old 02-25-2011, 04:56 PM
So, I got a call from the tech supervisor from the dealership. We had a nice long and civil conversation where we covered several points. I told him my details and said I knew the car was modified but according to some information I have gathered, there needs to be proof that these mods caused the problem. He retorted that he was sorry but I had received some bad information to which I replied, "Let me quote the Infiniti Warranty Information Booklet that came with my car."I then read him from page 6 where in the "WHAT IS NOT COVERED"section it reads:
This warranty does not cover damage, failures or corrosion resulting from:
blah, blah
- Installation of non-Nissan approved accessories or components
blah, blah
The key phrase here is where it says RESULTING FROM. This means they have to prove my mods caused the issue. I also told him the Magnuson Moss acts has been interpreted similarly.
Then I told him about the TSB that's been around for my car for years and has been revised several times proving that this is a prevalent issue.
He then acted almost as if he didn't know about the TSB (always a probability) but said he would try to find a warranty manual for my car to corroborate my story and get back to me on Monday.
After that I thanked him for his time and told him I'd email him a copy of the page I was reading from and of the TSB.
Finally, I'd ask that anyone here who has successfully had this service performed on a modified engine please let me know. I've been reading through all that's on this web site and others and I'm a little overwhelmed. I need actual cases and even paperwork if anyone has it. THANKS!

Old 02-25-2011, 08:41 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
^They know about the TSB...it's been around since Jan 2008 for us and Nov 2007 for the 350Z's with the same revup VQ!!

OC threads are long with lots of info and history, agree. I've read many with same and/or more mods than you with no warranty issues, but have read the opposite too. It really depends on the dealer my friend...mod friendly or not. Hopefully owners with mods and got their replacements will chime in for you.

And agree what wechslerl said a few posts back:
Originally Posted by wechslerl
So you guys out there, go to another dealer for second oppinion and better treatment !!

Old 02-25-2011, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by V35 Skyline GT
^They know about the TSB...it's been around since Jan 2008 for us and Nov 2007 for the 350Z's with the same revup VQ!!

OC threads are long with lots of info and history, agree. I've read many with same and/or more mods than you with no warranty issues, but have read the opposite too. It really depends on the dealer my friend...mod friendly or not. Hopefully owners with mods and got their replacements will chime in for you.

And agree what wechslerl said a few posts back:
Thanks for your reply. I hope others chime in so I have more substance in my arguments. About the other dealer, I'm pretty much SOL on that. I live in Puerto Rico and am pretty sure this is the only dealer down here. I might have to get Infiniti USA involved. My planned steps are to:
1- Exhaust all measures with the dealership
2- Use my local BBB
3- Contact Customer Affairs with Infiniti USA

Old 02-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wechslerl
Is yours a coupe or 4 doors ?
What year and how many miles on the replaced engine ?

LW
I have a 05' 6MT coupe, I bought the car with 24k on it and found out right before i purchased it the dealer replaced the motor at 21k. Since then i put 46k on it(70k total on the body) and is going in for another motor. Dropped it off this morning

Old 03-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Wow I just got back my car. New block was put in and ill have to check it. They had to replace the hinges on my hood to ..the tech bent them and scratch the front end of my car. The dealer took care of all repairs

Old 03-11-2011, 06:47 PM
wow great thread for a prospective buyer... debating on whether or not I want this car still, lol... although oil changes were done at an infiniti dealership so hmmmmm...

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

Old 03-14-2011, 07:08 PM
Tsb

took my 06 G into to the dealer the other day and i failed the oil consumption test after driving 1120 miles, and today they are telling me that they are gonna do a short block replacement.....shouldn't they replace the whole thing?

Old 03-14-2011, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by KJG35
took my 06 G into to the dealer the other day and i failed the oil consumption test after driving 1120 miles, and today they are telling me that they are gonna do a short block replacement.....shouldn't they replace the whole thing?
Please let me know what mods you have and if you have any paperwork for this. I'm going through a bit of a nightmare with my dealership because my car is modded. Please help. Thanks.

Old 03-18-2011, 12:03 AM
i took my car to the dealership to do the oc test a few months ago. they changed my oil and the process began. they told me to come back in 1000 miles. i went back and they said it wasnt consuming enough oil so they topped it off and told me to come back in another 1000 miles. so after another 1000 miles i went back and once again they told me that i wasnt consuming enough oil and that i should go back after another 1000 miles. so i just went back today and for the first time i asked to watch the technician measure my oil, and guess what? it was down 16mm. i think the other times that i brought it in it was consuming alot too but they were just b.s.'ing me, because no way it would be barely consuming any oil the first 2 times like they told me, and then this last time it consumes 16mm.
so anyways, they said they now have to get infiniti to approve my situation. and they told me i would have to have all my paper work of oil changes and all for the car. but the problem with this is that i only had infiniti do the oil changes like the first year i bought the car, and then the rest i did the oil changes myself. so am i screwed? also, they said its suspicious that the first few times they did the oc test it wasnt consuming that much oil and now today its down 16mm. but todays the first day that i actually watched them do it so they had to record what i saw. am i being paranoid or are they just doing me in?

sorry for the long post but i was wondering if i could get some feedback on what to do about my situation? thanks

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.75 average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Rev-Up Oil Consumption TSB