Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-08-2013, 10:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your responses, Wrathernaut. Much appreciated.

I will try to update the thread on how it goes. But thanks again.

Old 10-08-2013, 11:48 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,037 Likes on 610 Posts
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
The stock speakers lack the capabilities of the new HU... I want speakers with some good lows. No room for a sub.
Try the Image Dynamics CTX65-CS. I have them in my wife's g35 sedan, and the extremely-well respected Boston Acoustics Pro60se's in my g35 sedan. They're a great price and compare quite well against the much, much more expensive boston acoustics. Just make sure you're giving them about 150w RMS apiece to get good lows.

You need power to get any bass (unless you're wearing earbuds), so just the headunit for power won't cut it.

Old 10-13-2013, 01:32 AM
Does METRA 95-7605A fits good on a 06 g35 coupe with oem nav? or do i have to do some trimming? i cant find those jdm 05-07 nav trims so ima have to settle with the metra.
I have a 5 channel car amp is it possible to not use the bose amp and run all my speakers on my amp? im newbie to this kind of things i bought my car with a amp already on it and dont know if my bose speakers are using it.

Last edited by Vaztard; 10-13-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,030 Likes on 947 Posts
Thanks for the advice 'Naut! I am looking at the reviews and people definitely love the speakers. Thanks for the RMS power recommendation... I am just back and forth whether or not to add a sub

Old 10-14-2013, 01:22 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Vaztard
Does METRA 95-7605A fits good on a 06 g35 coupe with oem nav? or do i have to do some trimming? i cant find those jdm 05-07 nav trims so ima have to settle with the metra.
I have a 5 channel car amp is it possible to not use the bose amp and run all my speakers on my amp? im newbie to this kind of things i bought my car with a amp already on it and dont know if my bose speakers are using it.
You have to trim it. I haven't seen a trimmed metra, but I've trimmed a half dozen JDM non-nav trims myself, with pretty good results. Here's the post on my technique:
https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...-vehicles.html

Old 10-21-2013, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

Wink

Ty Wrathernaut

2006 Coupe:
4080 Custom Fiberglass Driver's side 10" Subwoofer Box.
JL Audio 10w6v2 Subwoofer (WOW..... SQ!).
JL Audio 500/1 Slash series amplifier, 500W Max Power 500W RMS.
Custom Built Amp mount by Urbanengineer Ltd. (Not that cool, I just had an old 12" sub box that was about to be recycled, pics by request).

Bass comes through VERY clear and I have only had it in for three days with too many compliments to count.

Thanks for the recommendation...

But I don't plan on upgrading the stock Blose speakers just yet. The 125 HPF keeps them sounding clear at high volume!

Attached Thumbnails Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List-img_0954.jpg   Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List-img_0967.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Wrathernaut (10-21-2013)
Old 10-30-2013, 04:22 PM
Ok...I just installed a Pioneer AVH-4500DVD into my 03 G35 Sedan with Bose. I used the 7551 harness because I didn't see this thread till now lol. I have everything installed and working but if I turn up the volume the HU acts like a power surge is happening. It cuts in and out and the screen will blip...I can post a video if needed. Is this due to the 7551 and shitty Bose amp or is something wrong with my HU?

Old 10-30-2013, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

Check your connections, this could also be caused by clipping. Google that.

Old 11-02-2013, 12:36 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by RICERSUX
Ok...I just installed a Pioneer AVH-4500DVD into my 03 G35 Sedan with Bose. I used the 7551 harness because I didn't see this thread till now lol. I have everything installed and working but if I turn up the volume the HU acts like a power surge is happening. It cuts in and out and the screen will blip...I can post a video if needed. Is this due to the 7551 and shitty Bose amp or is something wrong with my HU?
Usually you just get bad audio, not cutting out or anything, so it could be a bad install. Those symptoms are really hard for internet diagnosis.

If you paid somebody to do the install, make them fix it. If you did it yourself you might want to get a second opinion, since you'll only see what you thought you did right and make proper diagnosis nearly impossible.

Old 11-02-2013, 01:39 PM
I did it myself...the audio sounds fine but as I turn it up the screen flickers almost to the rhythm of the bass. I took a volt-meter to every connection to verify good power and ground. I will have to take it to the local stereo shop and have them do a diagnosis and see if its the radio or something else. I bought it brand new from Amazon but that really doesn't mean anything I guess. The easiest thing to do would be to unplug my HU and plug a different unit in to see if it is the HU or Bose Amp.

Old 11-04-2013, 10:57 PM
If I pay for this to be done what's the average cost? Would be on an 03 g35 sedan with Bose.

Old 11-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Price varies a lot based on options (amp install, rearview, new speakers...) but a basic "just replace the radio" should be about $100-200 for parts & labor (not including the radio or trim).

Old 11-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RICERSUX
I did it myself...the audio sounds fine but as I turn it up the screen flickers almost to the rhythm of the bass. I took a volt-meter to every connection to verify good power and ground. I will have to take it to the local stereo shop and have them do a diagnosis and see if its the radio or something else. I bought it brand new from Amazon but that really doesn't mean anything I guess. The easiest thing to do would be to unplug my HU and plug a different unit in to see if it is the HU or Bose Amp.
i have the same issue. I have a pioneer touchscreen head unit on my G but with the bose speakers and amp and when i turn the volume up towards 30 when the bass kicks in the screen flickers to the sound of the bass. So i brought it this morning to the shop that installed it for me and they told me that the headunit is putting out more bass than the bose amp can handle and that when it flickers like that its because the amp is temporarily shorting out. I was given the option to either upgrade the amp or just turn the bass down so that it doesnt happen. Hope this helps

The following users liked this post:
Wrathernaut (11-05-2013)
Old 11-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a pioneer touchscreen head unit on my 05 G with the bose speakers and amp and when i turn the volume up towards 30 when the bass kicks in the screen flickers to the sound of the bass and everything sounds like it wants to cut out. So i brought it this morning to the shop that installed it for me and they told me that the headunit is putting out more power than the bose amp can handle and that when it flickers like that its because the amp is temporarily shorting out. I was given the option to either upgrade the amp or just turn the bass down so that it doesnt happen. Does this sound like a legit explanation or bs?

Attached Thumbnails Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List-image-3733910084.jpg  
Old 11-05-2013, 07:56 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by Mike05G35
I have a pioneer touchscreen head unit on my 05 G with the bose speakers and amp and when i turn the volume up towards 30 when the bass kicks in the screen flickers to the sound of the bass and everything sounds like it wants to cut out. So i brought it this morning to the shop that installed it for me and they told me that the headunit is putting out more power than the bose amp can handle and that when it flickers like that its because the amp is temporarily shorting out. I was given the option to either upgrade the amp or just turn the bass down so that it doesnt happen. Does this sound like a legit explanation or bs?
Could be legit, but I figure it would happen to more people if it were the case. Could be a symptom of a poor ground... if they just tied the grounds (amp ground + radio + roem-nis2) together without also connecting it directly to the chassis, it could be also be the cause.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List