Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
JDM Part Availability

Just an FYI to anyone who's ready to pull the trigger-

As of 2/5/14, OC Infiniti has the following items currently in stock:

Nissan Part number for Navigation Aluminum Trim 68260-7W010 - 10 Ea.
Nissan Part number for Non-Nav Aluminum Trim 68260-7W000 - 9 Ea.
Nissan Part number for Single-Zone AC Controller 27500-AC500 -3 Ea.

Dual-Zone controllers on backorder, with no ETA.

Larry quoted me $315 (shipped) for Nav trim and Single-Zone controller.

OC Infinity Parts Department
877 913-7711
714-650-8586

The following users liked this post:
arcadefreak (02-07-2014)
Old 02-06-2014, 01:10 PM
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Replacing stock 2003 refurbished unit.

I followed the YouTube video unit it came to the remove navigation unit. On the center of the back there two white plugs and on the drivers another white plug. These are not radio plugs because I have already disconnect they. I would really appreciate any help oh removing the nav plugs and does the nave have to come out with the CD/Radio or can the two be separated?

Thanks in advance...My mechanical skills are not the best!!

Old 02-07-2014, 12:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Purplevike.....I'd been suffering through the back-order dilemma of 2013/2014 for DD kits. So I really appreciate your post, as I was able to procure my kit today. Thanks!

Old 02-07-2014, 10:03 AM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Received 1,036 Likes on 609 Posts
Originally Posted by BlkCoupe
I followed the YouTube video unit it came to the remove navigation unit. On the center of the back there two white plugs and on the drivers another white plug. These are not radio plugs because I have already disconnect they. I would really appreciate any help oh removing the nav plugs and does the nave have to come out with the CD/Radio or can the two be separated?

Thanks in advance...My mechanical skills are not the best!!
If the 03-04 plugs are like the 05+, it's kind of hard to describe, but the harnesses slide onto the plastic piece. You have to pull up on the wire side of the harness and push the harness toward the pin side. They can be a bit difficult at times, so it might help to slide a thin screwdriver or object between the two to disengage the little clip. Or, if you have access to the other side, you just squeeze the other side of the clip together and push it through, like I do in the video below.

The radio and nav unit are on the same large bracket, so they do come out together, but they can be separated afterward. It's probably similar to the 05+ units, which I have a separation/disassembly video of here:

Old 02-14-2014, 12:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by arcadefreak
Hey Purplevike.....I'd been suffering through the back-order dilemma of 2013/2014 for DD kits. So I really appreciate your post, as I was able to procure my kit today. Thanks!
Glad you were able to pick one up!

Old 03-02-2014, 01:38 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

In vehicles equipped with factory bluetooth, the wires for the steering wheel controls go THROUGH the bluetooth adapter before they go to the radio. If you leave the bluetooth adapter connected, it will continue to intercept the steering wheel control inputs just like it always did. To allow the steering wheel control inputs to reach an aftermarket radio, those wires must be routed around the factory bluetooth adapter. The wiring modification is quite simple. Going into the bluetooth adapter harness, there are three pairs of identically colored red, green, and yellow wires. Cut them and solder each pair together.

Once you've done that, follow the programming instructions for your steering wheel control adapter and you'll be set.

The following users liked this post:
Stein08 (07-19-2017)
Old 03-05-2014, 10:40 AM
First, thanks for the write-up it helped me a lot for my first G35 aftermarket stereo install, everything went smoothly. I have a question and I apologize in advance if the answer is somewhere on these forums - I have searched and searched and couldn't seem to find a solid answer so I had to resort to posting here. I own a 2006 G35 coupe w/Bose and factory nav, I am the second owner and the factory stereo had never been taken out prior to me installing my AVIC-X940BT. Everything works perfectly on it, except the dimmer. The factory stereo dimmed fine when the headlights came on. I am using the PAC ROEM-NIS2 and followed the wiring diagram to the T. But in the settings menu on my deck it shows "Illumination: Off" even with the headlights on; it's not getting the +12v through the solid orange wire on the PAC ROEM-NIS2.

I read in other threads on this forum that the pin with the solid orange wire doesn't actually connect to an occupied pin on the car's harness, but I also read that it does actually route to the red/blue wire that is actually responsible for providing the +12v signal when the headlights are on.

What am I missing? I couldn't be the only one that has ran into this problem. I've installed stereos many times in other cars with no problems and followed the directions exactly, and I doubt it's a problem on the car's side as the stereo has never been removed before. Any tips? Worst case scenario, what's the next easiest location to tap into? It's too bright to just live with and manually dimming in the settings menu is pretty impractical.

Old 03-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by thepantyripper
First, thanks for the write-up it helped me a lot for my first G35 aftermarket stereo install, everything went smoothly. I have a question and I apologize in advance if the answer is somewhere on these forums - I have searched and searched and couldn't seem to find a solid answer so I had to resort to posting here. I own a 2006 G35 coupe w/Bose and factory nav, I am the second owner and the factory stereo had never been taken out prior to me installing my AVIC-X940BT. Everything works perfectly on it, except the dimmer. The factory stereo dimmed fine when the headlights came on. I am using the PAC ROEM-NIS2 and followed the wiring diagram to the T. But in the settings menu on my deck it shows "Illumination: Off" even with the headlights on; it's not getting the +12v through the solid orange wire on the PAC ROEM-NIS2.

I read in other threads on this forum that the pin with the solid orange wire doesn't actually connect to an occupied pin on the car's harness, but I also read that it does actually route to the red/blue wire that is actually responsible for providing the +12v signal when the headlights are on.

What am I missing? I couldn't be the only one that has ran into this problem. I've installed stereos many times in other cars with no problems and followed the directions exactly, and I doubt it's a problem on the car's side as the stereo has never been removed before. Any tips? Worst case scenario, what's the next easiest location to tap into? It's too bright to just live with and manually dimming in the settings menu is pretty impractical.
There's a little bit of inconsistency on how different radios handle dimmer/illumination, as well as wiring harnesses labeling the wires as illum or dimmer. Have you tried manually adjusting the dash light brightness with the dial on the side? Turn it down all the way and see if you get a change from the radio on whether it's on or off. If it does not change, switch whether the radio is connected to the orange or orange/white.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:34 PM
I guess the 06 w/nav is wired a little differently. After reading the thread below I took a closer look and sure enough, there was no wire from the car's harness that connects to the Orange wire on the Pac Roem (it's just an empty hole). I located the red w/blue stripe wire which is actually in the harness that controls the nav buttons (destination, back, etc), tapped into that wire and the dimming feature works perfect now.

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...od-8019-a.html

Old 03-05-2014, 10:55 PM
Wrathernaut, first off, thanks so much for this incredible thread, knowledge available here is priceless. Threads like this have made my life so much easier, I do appreciate it.

I am at a standstill with programming the Steering Wheel Controls though, maybe you can help. Was unable to find any information regarding this problem or similar problems. The mode button works perfectly, the volume only works to go up and the scanning only goes up, (when you press downwards on the button, nothing happens) and the power button does not work at all.

2003 g35 coupe w. factory navi
replaced factory radio w. pioneer avh-x2600bt
with PAC ROEM2, antenna adapter and Metra Axxess ASWC-1 steering wheel interface

Any suggestions from you or other forum members would be highly appreciated.

Old 03-05-2014, 11:03 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by taztheloon
Wrathernaut, first off, thanks so much for this incredible thread, knowledge available here is priceless. Threads like this have made my life so much easier, I do appreciate it.

I am at a standstill with programming the Steering Wheel Controls though, maybe you can help. Was unable to find any information regarding this problem or similar problems. The mode button works perfectly, the volume only works to go up and the scanning only goes up, (when you press downwards on the button, nothing happens) and the power button does not work at all.

2003 g35 coupe w. factory navi
replaced factory radio w. pioneer avh-x2600bt
with PAC ROEM2, antenna adapter and Metra Axxess ASWC-1 steering wheel interface

Any suggestions from you or other forum members would be highly appreciated.
Power and both down buttons go through remote control wire B - the green wire. Are you sure you're connected to the correct green wire for steering wheel control? If it's the right wire, your connection isn't good enough.

Old 03-05-2014, 11:28 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by thepantyripper
I guess the 06 w/nav is wired a little differently. After reading the thread below I took a closer look and sure enough, there was no wire from the car's harness that connects to the Orange wire on the Pac Roem (it's just an empty hole). I located the red w/blue stripe wire which is actually in the harness that controls the nav buttons (destination, back, etc), tapped into that wire and the dimming feature works perfect now.

https://g35driver.com/forums/audio-v...od-8019-a.html
Interesting. Just checked the service manuals. 03, 04, 05 coupes and sedans all have the red/blue lighting switch wire go to the headunit. 06 and newer vehicles do not.

Thanks for the info, I'll have to make an update to the main post to take care of this. I'm unsure if there's anywhere convenient for non-nav 06+ vehicles to get the lighting switch signal from.

Old 03-06-2014, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the swift reply!
I actually went to a local shop for the installation, I don't know jack about this stuff, the installer is very confident that the wiring is correct (I'm not as sure) and says that its a programming issue he can't solve, is there anything else you can tell/show me so I can prove to him that its a wiring issue? A picture of the correct wiring would be incredible, if possible.

Is this the only solution or could it be something else?

Originally Posted by Wrathernaut
Power and both down buttons go through remote control wire B - the green wire. Are you sure you're connected to the correct green wire for steering wheel control? If it's the right wire, your connection isn't good enough.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Gentle Manne of Leisure

Originally Posted by taztheloon
Thanks for the swift reply!
I actually went to a local shop for the installation, I don't know jack about this stuff, the installer is very confident that the wiring is correct (I'm not as sure) and says that its a programming issue he can't solve, is there anything else you can tell/show me so I can prove to him that its a wiring issue? A picture of the correct wiring would be incredible, if possible.

Is this the only solution or could it be something else?
The correct wiring is in the chart on the first post.

Red to gray/red, green to green/white and orange to the chassis ground.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,019 Likes on 937 Posts
Please add to the 7551 post that you lose lower db quality. Therefore bass after new HU is nonexistent.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 31 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Wrathernaut's Double-Din Installation FAQ, Shopping and Resource List